Welcome to the Youth Services Department at WNPL!
We are ready to help you…
- Sign up for programs for children and teens.
- Reserve a meeting room.
- Select the perfect book or create a personalized reading list (ask about our Perfect Match program).
- Answer homework and research questions.
- Schedule group tours (contact Miss Jane jfriess[at]wnpl[dot]info).
- Participate in our summer and winter reading clubs.
- Reserve a spot to display a special collection in one of our two display cases.
We have available for you and your child…
- AWE Early Literacy Station.
- 2 Early Literacy iPads.
- Interactive play area in Coco’s Cove.
- 3 filtered computers designated just for children and homework.
- Large study tables and a comfortable seating area to study and play.
- Drop-in and registered storytimes (see current schedule).
- Wide-ranging collection including: picture books, holiday titles, magazines, beginning readers, fiction, nonfiction, graphic novels and professional teaching resources. Our juvenile audiovisual collection includes DVDs, CDs, Playway audiobooks and video players and CD audiobooks.
Social Story for First-Timers
Does your child need support before visiting the Library for the first time? This social story PDF will help pre-teach what the structure and routine of a library experience will be like. With this story, your child will gain a visual familiarity of the Youth Services Department so that they can feel comfortable and confident during their visits and be able to use the services.